[ClusterLabs] node avoidance still leads to "status=Not installed" error for monitor op

Dennis Jacobfeuerborn dennisml at conversis.de
Fri Nov 29 08:37:01 EST 2019

Hi,
I'm currently trying to set up a drbd 8.4 resource in a 3-node pacemaker
cluster. The idea is to have nodes storage1 and storage2 running with
the drbd clones and only use the third node storage3 for quorum.
The way I'm trying to do this:

pcs cluster cib cib.xml
pcs -f cib.xml resource create drbd ocf:linbit:drbd drbd_resource=r0 op
monitor interval=60s
pcs -f cib.xml resource master drbd-clone drbd master-max=1
master-node-max=1 clone-max=2 clone-node-max=1  notify=true
pcs -f cib.xml constraint location drbd-clone avoids storage3=INFINITY
pcs cluster cib-push cib.xml

What I get after the cib-push is this failure:
Failed Resource Actions:
* drbd_monitor_0 on storage3 'not installed' (5): call=6, status=Not
installed, exitreason='',
    last-rc-change='Fri Nov 29 14:20:52 2019', queued=0ms, exec=0ms

This is unexpected as there is no need to do any monitoring on the node
that isn't allowed to host the resource. I can cleanup the error once
I've installed the drbd tool and kernel module on storage3 as well but
is there a way to tell the cluster to ignore storage3 node complete for
any resources and only use it as a voting node?

Regards,
  Dennis