[ClusterLabs] Antw: Re: Final Pacemaker 2.0.3 release now available

Yan Gao YGao at suse.com
Thu Nov 28 05:36:26 EST 2019

On 11/26/19 8:33 AM, Ulrich Windl wrote:
> <37c840a6-9f63-28b9-0729-564d703300e2 at alteeve.ca>:
>> Congrats!
>>
>> Can I ask, when might fencing become required? Is that still in the
>> works, or has it been shelved?
>
> Hi!
>
> It's a bit like freedom:
Agreed. Although service providers could state by themselves that they
don't officially support clusters without fencing enabled and properly
configured :-)

> Free people are allowed even to do stupid things.
And it's not always stupid to do so. We've seen use cases where users
don't really want node-level fencing, instead they only need
"resource-level fencing" for example based on sfex or scsi2reservation.

Regards,
   Yan