[ClusterLabs] Final Pacemaker 2.0.3 release now available

Ken Gaillot kgaillot at redhat.com
Wed Nov 27 19:27:19 EST 2019

On Mon, 2019-11-25 at 23:02 -0500, Digimer wrote:
> Congrats!
>
> Can I ask, when might fencing become required? Is that still in the
> works, or has it been shelved?
>
> digimer

tl;dr shelved

The original plan for 2.0.0 was to get rid of the stonith-enabled flag,
but still allow disabling stonith via "requires=quorum" in
rsc_defaults.

Certain resources, such as stonith devices themselves or simple nagios
checks, can be immediately started elsewhere even if their original
node needs to be fenced. requires=quorum was designed for such
resources. Setting that for all resources would make fencing largely
irrelevant.

That was shelved when I realized the code would have to be considerably
more complicated to go that route. Also, someone could theoretically
want "requires=quorum" for all resources while still wanting nodes to
be fenced if they are lost.