[ClusterLabs] Antw: Re: fencing on iscsi device not working

Roger Zhou ZZhou at suse.com
Thu Nov 7 02:43:51 EST 2019

>>> Nachricht

>>> I'd make that an itemized list with four items. I thinks it would be
>>> easer to
>>> understand.
>>
>> Good idea; I edited it so that the default and description are
>> combined:
>>
>> How to determine which machines are controlled by the device. Allowed
>> values:
>>
>> * +static-list:+ check the +pcmk_host_list+ or +pcmk_host_map+
>> attribute (this is the default if either one of those is set)
>>
>> * +dynamic-list:+ query the device via the "list" command (this is
>> otherwise the default if the fence device supports the list action)
>>

> Oops, now it became even more ambiguous. What if both pcmk_host_list is
> set *and* device supports "list" (or "status") command? Previous variant
> at least was explicit about precedence.
>
> "Otherwise" above is hard to attribute correctly. I really like previous
> version more.

+1

plus 2 cents:

I feel confused between Default and Assigned value if combine them in
the description as above. I prefer to keep them separate.

I guest Ken might want to keep Pacemaker_Explained DOC more readable at
the end of the day, ie. to avoid too many words in Default column [1].
For that, might be we can do differently, like the mockup [2].

[1]
https://github.com/ClusterLabs/pacemaker/blob/d863971b7e0c56fbe6cc12815348e8e39b2e25c4/doc/Pacemaker_Explained/en-US/Ch-Fencing.txt#L182

[2]

|pcmk_host_check
|string
|+NOTE+
a|How to determine which machines are controlled by the device.

* +NOTE:+
  The default value is static-list if either +pcmk_host_list+ or
+pcmk_host_map+ is set,
  otherwise dynamic-list if the fence device supports the list action,
  otherwise status if the fence device supports the status action,
  otherwise none.

  Allowed values:

* +dynamic-list:+ query the device via the "list" command
* +static-list:+ check the +pcmk_host_list+ or +pcmk_host_map+ attribute
* +status:+ query the device via the "status" command
* +none:+ assume every device can fence every machine

Cheers,
Roger