[ClusterLabs] fencing on iscsi device not working

wferi at niif.hu wferi at niif.hu
Tue Nov 5 05:01:31 EST 2019

Roger Zhou <ZZhou at suse.com> writes:

> On 11/3/19 12:56 AM, wferi at niif.hu wrote:
>
>> Andrei Borzenkov <arvidjaar at gmail.com> writes:
>>
>>> According to documentation, pcmk_host_list is used only if
>>> pcmk_host_check=static-list which is not default, by default pacemaker
>>> queries agent for nodes it can fence and fence_scsi does not return
>>> anything.
>>
>> The documentation is somewhat vague here.  The note about pcmk_host_list
>> says: "optional unless pcmk_host_check is static-list".  It does not
>> state how pcmk_host_list is used if pcmk_host_check is the default
>> dynamic-list,
>
> The confusion might be because of "the language barrier".
>
> My interpretation is like this:
>
> 1. pcmk_host_list is used only if pcmk_host_check is static-list.
>
> 2. pcmk_host_check's default is dynamic-list.
>     That means, by default pcmk_host_list is not used at all.

But this interpretation does not align with reality:

>> but I successfully use such setups with Pacemaker 1.1.16
>> with fence_ipmilan.

(I mean I don't set pcmk_host_check on my fence_ipmilan resources, only
pcmk_host_list, and they work.)

Unless:

>> the behavior is different in 2.0.1 (the version in Debian buster).

That's why I asked:

>> Ram, what happens if you set pcmk_host_check to static-list?

Of course the developers are most welcome to chime in with their
intentions and changes concerning this, I haven't got the time to dig
into the core right now.  Tough I'm very much interested for my own sake
as well, because I'm about to bring up a buster cluster with very
similar config.
--
Thanks,
Feri