[ClusterLabs] Resource-agents log is not output to /var/log/pacemaker/pacemaker.log on RHEL8

飯田雄介 yuusuke_iida at newson.co.jp
Wed May 29 03:53:41 EDT 2019

Hi Ken and Jan,

Thank you for your comment.

I understand that solusion is to set PCMK_logfile in the sysconfig file.

As a permanent fix, if you use the default values inside Pacemaker, how
about setting environment variables using set_daemon_option() there?
For example, as PCMK_logficility does.
https://github.com/ClusterLabs/pacemaker/blob/Pacemaker-2.0.2-rc2/lib/common/logging.c#L806

BTW, Pacemaker writes to /var/log/pacemaker/pacemaker.log via libqb.
RA writes to this file with echo redirect.
If writing occurs at the same time, is there a risk that the file may be
corrupted or the written log may disappear?
I have never actually had a problem, but I'm interested in how this might
happen.

Regards,
Yusuke

2019年5月28日(火) 23:56 Jan Pokorný <jpokorny at redhat.com>:

> On 28/05/19 09:29 -0500, Ken Gaillot wrote:
> > On Mon, 2019-05-27 at 14:12 +0900, 飯田雄介 wrote:
> >> By the way, when /var/log/pacemaker/pacemaker.log is explicitly set
> >> in the PCMK_logfile, it is confirmed that the resource-agents log is
> >> output to the file set in the PCMK_logfile.
> >
> > Interesting ... the resource-agents library must look for PCMK_logfile
> > as well as HA_logfile. In that case, the easiest solution will be for
> > us to set PCMK_logfile explicitly in the shipped sysconfig file. I can
> > squeeze that into the soon-to-be-released 2.0.2 since it's not a code
> > change.
>
> Solution remains the same, only meant to note that presence of either:
>
>   PCMK_logfile
>   HA_logfile (likely on the way towards deprecation, preferably avoid)
>
> in the environment (from respective sysconfig/default/conf.d file for
> pacemaker) will trigger export of HA_LOGFILE environment variable
> propagated subsequently towards the agent processes, and everything
> then works as expected.  IOW. OCF and/or resource-agents are still
> reasonably decoupled, thankfully.
>
> --
> Jan (Poki)

株式会社 DNPメトロシステムズ