[ClusterLabs] Resource-agents log is not output to /var/log/pacemaker/pacemaker.log on RHEL8

Jan Pokorný jpokorny at redhat.com
Tue May 28 10:56:29 EDT 2019

On 28/05/19 09:29 -0500, Ken Gaillot wrote:
> On Mon, 2019-05-27 at 14:12 +0900, 飯田雄介 wrote:
>> By the way, when /var/log/pacemaker/pacemaker.log is explicitly set
>> in the PCMK_logfile, it is confirmed that the resource-agents log is
>> output to the file set in the PCMK_logfile.
>
> Interesting ... the resource-agents library must look for PCMK_logfile
> as well as HA_logfile. In that case, the easiest solution will be for
> us to set PCMK_logfile explicitly in the shipped sysconfig file. I can
> squeeze that into the soon-to-be-released 2.0.2 since it's not a code
> change.

Solution remains the same, only meant to note that presence of either:

  PCMK_logfile
  HA_logfile (likely on the way towards deprecation, preferably avoid)

in the environment (from respective sysconfig/default/conf.d file for
pacemaker) will trigger export of HA_LOGFILE environment variable
propagated subsequently towards the agent processes, and everything
then works as expected.  IOW. OCF and/or resource-agents are still
reasonably decoupled, thankfully.

--
Jan (Poki)