[ClusterLabs] Antw: Re: Question on sharing data with DRDB

Ulrich Windl Ulrich.Windl at rz.uni-regensburg.de
Thu Mar 21 02:57:14 EDT 2019

<38f790d0-4bb6-53b8-7eb4-b285ed14779d at alteeve.ca>:
> On 2019-03-20 1:46 p.m., Valentin Vidic wrote:
>> On Wed, Mar 20, 2019 at 01:34:52PM -0400, Digimer wrote:
>>> Depending on your fail-over tolerances, I might add NFS to the mix and
>>> have the NFS server run on one node or the other, exporting your ext4 FS
>>> that sits on DRBD in single-primary mode.
>>>
>>> The failover (if the NFS host died) would look like this;
>>>
>>> 1. Lost node is fenced.
>>> 2. DRBD is promoted from Secondary to Primary
>>> 3. ext4 FS is mounted.
>>> 4. Virtual IP (used for NFS) is brought up.
>>> 5. NFS starts
>>>
>>> Startup and graceful migration would be the same, minus the fence.
>>
>> Would it be possible for DRBD to go into SplitBrain if the lost node
>> manages to write something to local DRBD disk before it gets fenced?
>
> Not when DRBD is configured correctly. You sent 'fencing

Are your really saying that dual-primary no longer needs operator intervention
after a node crash?
That's also split-brain to me if DRBD does not know how to recover after a
link interruption.