[ClusterLabs] Interface confusion

Jan Friesse jfriesse at redhat.com
Wed Mar 20 02:34:28 EDT 2019

> On Tue, 2019-03-19 at 21:49 +0100, Adam Budziński wrote:
>> Not sure I got “or (due to two_node / wait_for_all in corosync.conf)
>> waits until it can see the other node before doing anything” right. I
>> mean according tohttps://access.redhat.com/solutions/1295713 “Th
>> e 'two_node' parameter sets the quorum to '1' and allows one node to
>> remain quorate and continue cluster operations after the second one
>> is fenced.”
>
> You've got a great setup now. There's nothing wrong with qdevice not
> being enabled, it just means you have to start it manually along with
> corosync and pacemaker.
>
> With qdevice, I'm not sure two_node or wait_for_all is relevant; a

two_node is nonsense with qdevice. For 2 node clusters it will add
"third" node (so cluster is no longer 2 nodes and simple majority
calculations can be used). And hypothetical 1 node + qdevice doesn't
make any sense, because qdevice is not full node where resources can run.

wait_for_all may be relevant, but I'm really not aware about any real
use case.