[ClusterLabs] Interface confusion

Ken Gaillot kgaillot at redhat.com
Tue Mar 19 17:59:32 EDT 2019

On Tue, 2019-03-19 at 21:49 +0100, Adam Budziński wrote:
> Not sure I got “or (due to two_node / wait_for_all in corosync.conf)
> waits until it can see the other node before doing anything” right. I
> mean according tohttps://access.redhat.com/solutions/1295713 “Th
> e 'two_node' parameter sets the quorum to '1' and allows one node to
> remain quorate and continue cluster operations after the second one
> is fenced.”

You've got a great setup now. There's nothing wrong with qdevice not
being enabled, it just means you have to start it manually along with
corosync and pacemaker.

With qdevice, I'm not sure two_node or wait_for_all is relevant; a
corosync dev would have to jump in to say for sure.

At least without qdevice, two_node implies wait_for_all (in addition to
the quorum effect mentioned by that article). With wait_for_all, the
cluster can go down from two nodes to one node without a problem -- but
it can't start with just one node. At start-up, each node will wait
until it has seen the other before assuming everything is OK.