[ClusterLabs] Interface confusion

Andrei Borzenkov arvidjaar at gmail.com
Sat Mar 16 02:17:09 EDT 2019

16.03.2019 9:01, Adam Budziński пишет:
> Thank you Andrei. The problem is that I can see with 'pcs status' that
> resources are runnin on srv2cr1 but its at the same time its telling that
> the fence_vmware_soap is running on srv1cr1. That's somewhat confusing.
> Could you possibly explain this?

Two points.

It is actually logical to have stonith agent running on different node
than node with active resources - because it is the *other* node that
will initiate fencing when node with active resources fails.

But even considering the above, active (running) state of fence (or
stonith) agent just determines on which node recurring monitor operation
will be started. The actual result of this monitor operation has no
impact on subsequent stonith attempt and serves just as warning to
administrator. When stonith request comes, agent may be used by any node
where stonith agent is not prohibited to run by (co-)location rules. My
understanding is that this node is selected by DC in partition.