[ClusterLabs] (no subject)

Full Name nuncestbibendum at excite.com
Mon Mar 11 17:18:33 EDT 2019

    I am a complete newbie here, so please bear with me, if I ask something stupid and/or obvious.

    I have been able to deploy and configure the software across three nodes, each running on a separate Virtual Box VM. Following the steps mentioned in the  Clusters from Scratch document, I added a resource by means of the command

      pcs resource create ClusterIP ocf:heartbeat:IPaddr2 ip=192.168.122.120 cidr_netmask=24 op monitor interval=30s

This works fine, in that I can, say, SSH into 192.168.122.120, as long as any of the nodes is still up and running; effectively, I will be logged into one of them, depending on the status of the nodes.

    In the command line above, my understanding is that IPaddr2 is a script associated with the resource;  heartbeat is essentially tells the cluster where to find the script; and ocf is a standard that the script is supposed to comply with.

    The thing is, I need to integrate an application of my own into this framework.  Can anybody point me in the right direction as to how to do this? I have done

    pcs resource agents

which returns a long list of resources. Unfortunately, it does not tell you what standard they are associated with. You can of course do

    pcs resource agents ocf

for a list of agents conforming to ocf. But, there is no explanation as to what it is that they do. Also, I haven't found any guidelines on how to add new resources.

Any feedback on how to get bootstrapped here would be most welcome.