[ClusterLabs] VirtualDomain and Resource_is_Too_Active ?? - problem/error

Jan Pokorný jpokorny at redhat.com
Mon Jun 3 07:39:22 EDT 2019

On 29/05/19 09:29 -0500, Ken Gaillot wrote:
> On Wed, 2019-05-29 at 11:42 +0100, lejeczek wrote:
>> I doing something which I believe is fairly simple, namely:
>>
>> $ pcs resource create HA-work9-win10-kvm VirtualDomain \
>>   hypervisor="qemu:///system" \
>>   config="/0-ALL.SYSDATA/QEMU_VMs/HA-work9-win10.qcow2" \
>>   migration_transport=ssh --disable
>>
>> virt guest is good, runs in libvirth okey, yet pacemaker fails:

>>   notice: Calculated transition 1864, saving inputs in /var/lib/pacemaker/pengine/pe-input-2022.bz2
>>   notice: Configuration ERRORs found during PE processing.  Please run "crm_verify -L" to identify issues.
>>   notice: Initiating monitor operation HA-work9-win10-kvm_monitor_0 locally on whale.private
>>   notice: Initiating monitor operation HA-work9-win10-kvm_monitor_0 on swir.private
>>   notice: Initiating monitor operation HA-work9-win10-kvm_monitor_0 on rider.private
>>  warning: HA-work9-win10-kvm_monitor_0 process (PID 2103512) timed out
>>  warning: HA-work9-win10-kvm_monitor_0:2103512 - timed out after 30000ms
>>   notice: HA-work9-win10-kvm_monitor_0:2103512:stderr [ /usr/lib/ocf/resource.d/heartbeat/VirtualDomain: line 981: [: too
>> many arguments ]
>
> This looks like a bug in the resource agent, probably due to some
> unexpected configuration value. Double-check your resource
> configuration for what values the various parameters can have. (Or it
> may just be a side effect of the interval issue above, so try fixing
> that first.)

Yes, there are at least two issues in ocf:heartbeat:VirtualDomain:

1/ dealing with user input derived value, in an unchecked manner, while
   such value can be an empty string or may contain spaces
   (for the latter, see also I've raised back then:
   https://lists.clusterlabs.org/pipermail/users/2015-May/007629.html
   https://lists.clusterlabs.org/pipermail/developers/2015-May/000620.html
   )

2/ agent doesn't try to figure out whether is tries to parse
   a reasonably familiar file, in this case, it means it can
   be grep'ing file spanning up to terabytes of data

In your case, you mistakenly pointed the agent (via "config" parameter
as highlighted above) not to the expected configuration, but rather to
the disk image itself -- that's not how talk to libvirt -- only such
a guest configuration XML shall point to where the disk image itself
is located instead.  See ocf_heartbeat_VirtualDomain(7) or the output
you get when invoking the agent with "meta-data" argument.

Such configuration issue could be indicated reliably with "validate-all"
passed as an action for configured set of agent parameters would
1/ and/or 2/ not exist in the agent's implementation.
Please, file issues against VirtualDomain agent to that effect at
https://github.com/ClusterLabs/fence-agents/issues

In addition, there may be some other configuration discrepancies as
pointed out by Ken.  Let us know if any issues persist once all these
are resolved.

--
Jan (Poki)