[ClusterLabs] Antw: Inconclusive recap for bonding (balance-rr) vs. HA (Was: why is node fenced ?)

Ulrich Windl Ulrich.Windl at rz.uni-regensburg.de
Mon Jun 3 03:01:45 EDT 2019

Hi!

A rather good summary I think, specifically the notes on link failure
detection and timeouts. One problem is that corosync reacts very (too?) fast on
communication dropouts, while link failure monitoring (and recovery) measures
are typically much slower.

We also fell into that pit years ago: "miimon" seemed nice to detect link
failures quickly, but when plugging into a switch, and the inter-switch links
failed, the host did not detect the failure. So no recovery measures were
executed...

When using the ARP method, you must take care to avoid "detecting" a link
failure when a remote host goes offline, and also avoid polling more frequently
than necessary...

Regrads,
Ulrich

>>> Jan Pokorný <jpokorny at redhat.com> schrieb am 30.05.2019 um 17:53 in