[ClusterLabs] Antw: Re: Reusing resource set in multiple constraints

Ulrich Windl Ulrich.Windl at rz.uni-regensburg.de
Mon Jul 29 03:39:37 EDT 2019

I think the problem is XML as a descriptive language describing the
configuration _state_. What you are asking for is a description for a
configuration _change_.
IMHO that should not be part of the CIB.

Generally I'm using this manual procedure when adding a new resource with
similar behavior as an existing one:
Look up the name of the similar resource in the existing configuration.
Then add the new resource to all the places where the similar resource is
configured.
Of course that requires that "iteraltion zero" (= the initial configuration)
is configured correctly right from the start.

I could imagine automating that procedure by writing some template in a
language still unknown to me...

Regardsm
Ulrich