[ClusterLabs] Which shell definitions to include?

Ulrich Windl Ulrich.Windl at rz.uni-regensburg.de
Tue Jul 23 02:48:03 EDT 2019

Hi!

My old RAs include /usr/lib/ocf/resource.d/heartbeat/.ocf-shellfuncs. Recently I discovered /usr/lib/ocf/lib/heartbeat/ocf-shellfuncs.
(I wonder whether the latter shouldn't be /usr/lib/ocf/ocf-shellfuncs simply)

So what is the recommended path to use for include? If RAs continue to use the old includes, we'll never get rid of the historic paths.

BTW: It's all a bit of a mess, because /usr/lib/ocf/resource.d/heartbeat/.ocf-shellfuncs includes parts from /usr/lib/ocf/lib/heartbeat (${OCF_ROOT}/lib/heartbeat), actually being a symbolic link to /usr/lib/ocf/lib/heartbeat/ocf-shellfuncs.

In .ocf-directories there are definitions that systemd make somewhat obsolete like:
HA_VARRUN (/var/run)
HA_VARLOCK (/var/lock/subsys)

For one directory there is an updated definition:
HA_RSCTMP (/run/resource-agents)
HA_RSCTMP_OLD (/var/run/heartbeat/rsctmp)

It's not that I like all the changes systemd requires, but systemd complains about not being able to unmount /var while /var/run or /var/lock is being used...

Regards,
Ulrich