[ClusterLabs] pacemaker geo redundancy - 2 nodes

Rohit Saini rohitsaini111.forum at gmail.com
Mon Jul 15 02:40:11 EDT 2019

Hi All,

I know pacemaker booth is being used for geographical redundancy. Currently
I am using pacemaker/corosync for my local two-node redundancy.
As I understand, booth needs atleast 3 nodes to work correctly to do the
automatic failovers. So it does not fit my requirements.

Few queries are
1) Can I make use of my current pacemaker/corosync to make it work across
my two geographical nodes for automatic failovers, considering I am ready
to ignore split-brain scenarios. I may need to tweak some timers I believe.
Is this approach possible?
2) Any disadvantages of going this way?

Thanks,
Rohit