[ClusterLabs] "node is unclean" leads to gratuitous reboot

Andrei Borzenkov arvidjaar at gmail.com
Tue Jul 9 10:03:23 EDT 2019

On Tue, Jul 9, 2019 at 3:54 PM Michael Powell <
Michael.Powell at harmonicinc.com> wrote:

> I have a two-node cluster with a problem.  If I start Corosync/Pacemaker
> on one node, and then delay startup on the 2nd node (which is otherwise
> up and running), the 2nd node will be rebooted very soon after STONITH is
> enabled on the first node.

Well, this is what you explicitly requested.

> quorum {
>
>         provider: corosync_votequorum
>

>         two_node: 1
>

>         wait_for_all: 0
>
> }
>

> I’d appreciate any insight you can offer into this behavior, and any
> suggestions you may have.

I am not sure what you expect. Pacemaker cannot (re-)start resources until
state of all nodes is known. On startup it means either wait for all nodes
to appear or bring missing nodes into defined state.

May be there is "initial timeout" for how long pacemaker should wait once
after startup before assuming other nodes are not present, but I am not
aware of it out of my head.