[ClusterLabs] two virtual domains start and stop every 15 minutes

Lentes, Bernd bernd.lentes at helmholtz-muenchen.de
Fri Jul 5 07:07:12 EDT 2019

----- On Jul 4, 2019, at 1:25 AM, kgaillot kgaillot at redhat.com wrote:

> On Wed, 2019-06-19 at 18:46 +0200, Lentes, Bernd wrote:
>> ----- On Jun 15, 2019, at 4:30 PM, Bernd Lentes
>> bernd.lentes at helmholtz-muenchen.de wrote:
>>
>> > ----- Am 14. Jun 2019 um 21:20 schrieb kgaillot kgaillot at redhat.com
>> > :

> It did indeed turn out to be.
>
> The resource history on ha-idg-1 shows the last failed action as a
> migrate_to from ha-idg-1 to ha-idg-2, and the last successful action as
> a migrate_from from ha-idg-2 to ha-idg-1. That confused pacemaker as to
> the current status of the migration.
>
> A full migration is migrate_to on the source node, migrate_from on the
> target node, and stop on the source node. When the resource history has
> a failed migrate_to on the source, and a stop but no migrate_from on
> the target, the migration is considered "dangling" and forces a stop of
> the resource on the source, because it's possible the migrate_from
> never got a chance to be scheduled.
>
> That is wrong in this situation. The resource is happily running on the
> node with the failed migrate_to because it was later moved back
> successfully, and the failed migrate_to is no longer relevant.
>
> My current plan for a fix is that if a node with a failed migrate_to
> has a successful migrate_from or start that's newer, and the target
> node of the failed migrate_to has a successful stop, then the migration
> should not be considered dangling.
>
> A couple of side notes on your configuration:
>
> Instead of putting action=off in fence device configurations, you
> should use pcmk_reboot_action=off. Pacemaker adds action when sending
> the fence command.

I did that already.

> When keeping a fence device off its target node, use a finite negative
> score rather than -INFINITY. This ensures the node can fence itself as
> a last resort.
I will do that.

Thanks for clarifying this, it happened very often.
I conclude that it's very important to cleanup a resource failure quickly after finding the cause
and solving the problem, not having any pending errors.

Bernd

Helmholtz Zentrum Muenchen
Deutsches Forschungszentrum fuer Gesundheit und Umwelt (GmbH)
Ingolstaedter Landstr. 1
85764 Neuherberg
www.helmholtz-muenchen.de
Aufsichtsratsvorsitzende: MinDir'in Prof. Dr. Veronika von Messling
Geschaeftsfuehrung: Prof. Dr. med. Dr. h.c. Matthias Tschoep, Heinrich Bassler, Kerstin Guenther
Registergericht: Amtsgericht Muenchen HRB 6466
USt-IdNr: DE 129521671