[ClusterLabs] Error in documentation of resource sets (collocation)?

Ken Gaillot kgaillot at redhat.com
Fri Jan 25 16:40:58 UTC 2019

On Thu, 2019-01-17 at 14:50 +0100, Michael Schwartzkopff wrote:
> Hi,
>

> When I read the documentation of the colocating sets of of resources,
> the last "note" section reads:
>

> Pay close attention to the order in which resources and sets are
> listed.
> While the colocation dependency for members of any one set is
> last-to-first, the colocation dependency for multiple sets is
> first-to-last. In the above example, B is colocated with A, but
> colocated-set-1 is colocated with colocated-set-2.
>
> But in the example above the config is:
>
> <resource_set id="colocated-set-1" sequential="true">
>         <resource_ref id="B"/>
>         <resource_ref id="A"/>
> </resource_set>
>

> So reading form last-to first inside the resource set would be "A"
> with
> "B", which also correcpondens to the picture above. So the part "B is
> colocated with A" seems to be wrong and should be "A is colocated
> with B"

You're right. I think that section would benefit from some rewording as
well; the examples should be designed such that resource A is always
placed first, which will make them easier to compare. I'll try to get
that done for the next release candidate (FYI, only the 2.0
documentation is being updated at this point).