[ClusterLabs] Increasing Token Timeout Safe By Itself?

Jan Friesse jfriesse at redhat.com
Mon Jan 21 07:57:24 UTC 2019

Eric Robinson napsal(a):
> I have a few corosync+pacemeker clusters in Azure. Occasionally, cluster nodes failover, possibly because of intermittent connectivity loss, but more likely because one or more nodes experiences high load and is not able to respond in a timely fashion. I want to make the clusters a little more resilient to such conditions (i.e., allow clusters more time to recover naturally before failing over). Is it a simple matter of increasing the totem.token timeout from the default value? Or are
there other things that should be changes as well? And once the value is
increased, how do I make it

Usually it is really enough to increase totem.token. Used token timeout
is computed based on this value (see corosync.conf man page for more
details). It's possible to get used value by executing "corosync-cmapctl
  -g runtime.config.totem.token" command.

active without restarting the cluster?

You can ether edit config file (ideally on all nodes) and exec
"corosync-cfgtool -R" (just on one node) or you can use
"corosync-cmapctl  -s totem.token u32 $REQUIRED_VALUE" (ideally on all
nodes). Also pcs/crmshell may also support this functionality.

Honza