[ClusterLabs] Increasing Token Timeout Safe By Itself?

Eric Robinson eric.robinson at psmnv.com
Sun Jan 20 20:42:46 EST 2019

I have a few corosync+pacemeker clusters in Azure. Occasionally, cluster nodes failover, possibly because of intermittent connectivity loss, but more likely because one or more nodes experiences high load and is not able to respond in a timely fashion. I want to make the clusters a little more resilient to such conditions (i.e., allow clusters more time to recover naturally before failing over). Is it a simple matter of increasing the totem.token timeout from the default value? Or are there other things that should be changes as well? And once the value is increased, how do I make it active without restarting the cluster?

--Eric