[ClusterLabs] SBD restarted the node while pacemaker in maintenance mode

Jerry Kross jerrykross1982 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 23 22:48:46 EST 2019

Hi,
The pacemaker cluster manages a 2 node database cluster configured to use 3
iscsi disk targets in its stonith configuration. The pacemaker cluster was
put in maintenance mode but we see SBD writing to the system logs. And just
after these logs, the production node was restarted.
Log:
sbd[5955]:  warning: inquisitor_child: Latency: No liveness for 37 s
exceeds threshold of 36 s (healthy servants: 1)
I see these messages logged and then the node was restarted. I suspect if
it was the softdog module that restarted the node but I don't see it in the
logs. Would be really helpful if anyone has experienced this before.

Regards,
JK