[ClusterLabs] Prevent Corosync Qdevice Failback in split brain scenario.

Somanath Jeeva somanath.jeeva at ericsson.com
Mon Dec 23 01:48:21 EST 2019

Hi ,

I am planning to use Corosync Qdevice version 3.0.0 with corosync version 2.4.4 and pacemaker 1.1.16 in a two node cluster.

I want to know if failback can be avoided in the below situation.

  1.  The pcs cluster is in split brain scenario after a network break between two nodes. But both nodes are visible and reachable from qdevice node.
  2.  The qdevice with ffsplit algorithm selects node with id 1 (lowest node id) and node 1 becomes quorate.
  3.  Now if node 1 goes down/is not reachable from qdevice node , the node 2 becomes quorate.

But when node 1 becomes again reachable from qdevice , it becomes quorate and node 2 again goes down. i.e The resources failback to node 1.

Is there any way to prevent this failback.

With Regards
Somanath Thilak J