[ClusterLabs] Pacemaker 1.1.12 does not compile with CMAN Stack.

Jan Pokorný jpokorny at redhat.com
Fri Aug 30 10:44:30 EDT 2019

On 30/08/19 13:03 +0000, Somanath Jeeva wrote:
> In Pacemaker 1.1.12 version try to compile with CMAN Stack,

midly put, it's like trying to run with dinosaurs; that version
of pacemaker together with that effectively superseded bundle
of other components will hardly receive any attention in 2019.

But let's assume there's a reason.

> but we are unable to achieve that .
>
> Source taken path : https://github.com/ClusterLabs/pacemaker/tree/Pacemaker-1.1.12
>
> After Extracting, we installed required dependencies as per
> README.markdown,
>
> ## Installing from source
>
>     $ ./autogen.sh
>     $ ./configure
>     $ make
>     $ sudo make install
>
> After performing above task, we are unable to start pacemaker due
> to cman stack is unrecognized service.

Well, pacemaker alone won't magically bootstrap these other
prerequisites, you need to take an effort of grabbing them
as well.

For CMAN in particular, look here:

https://pagure.io/linux-cluster/cluster/blob/STABLE32/f/cman
https://ftp.redhat.com/pub/redhat/linux/enterprise/6Server/en/RHS/SRPMS/cluster-3.0.12.1-73.el6.src.rpm

> # service pacemaker status
> pacemakerd dead but pid file exists
> #service cman status
> cman: unrecognized service

Easy, no /etc/init.d/cman around, for the mentioned reason.

Still, I am not sure how far you'll get, sounds like an uphill battle.
Settling with the rather recent state of development may avoid
significant chunks of troubles, incl. those that were only fixed in
later versions of pacemaker.

> Please find the ./configure screenshot of the system:
>
> pacemaker configuration:
>   Version                  = 1.1.12 (Build: 561c4cfda1)
>   Features                 = libqb-logging libqb-ipc lha-fencing nagios  corosync-plugin cman acls
>
>   Prefix                   = /usr
>   Executables              = /usr/sbin
>   Man pages                = /usr/share/man
>   Libraries                = /usr/lib64
>   Header files             = /usr/include
>   Arch-independent files   = /usr/share
>   State information        = /var
>   System configuration     = /etc
>   Corosync Plugins         = /usr/libexec/lcrso
>
>   Use system LTDL          = yes
>
>   HA group name            = haclient
>   HA user name             = hacluster
>
>   CFLAGS                   = -g -O2 -I/usr/include -I/usr/include/heartbeat      -ggdb  -fgnu89-inline -fstack-protector-all -Wall -Waggregate-return -Wbad-function-cast -Wcast-align -Wdeclaration-after-statement -Wendif-labels -Wfloat-equal -Wformat=2 -Wmissing-prototypes -Wmissing-declarations -Wnested-externs -Wno-long-long -Wno-strict-aliasing -Wunused-but-set-variable -Wpointer-arith -Wwrite-strings -Werror
>   Libraries                = -lgnutls -lqb -lplumb -lpils -lqb -lbz2 -lxslt -lxml2 -lc -luuid -lpam -lrt -ldl  -lglib-2.0   -lltdl -lqb -ldl -lrt -lpthread
>   Stack Libraries          =   -lcoroipcc   -lcpg   -lcfg   -lconfdb   -lcman   -lfenced
>

> Is there anything I am missing in the configure, to get the cman
> stack.

I think having "cman" enumerated amongst features might be enough,
but once you'll get past the "cman: unrecognized service" phase,
you shall see.

Hope this helps.

--
Jan (Poki)