[ClusterLabs] Pacemaker 1.1.12 does not compile with CMAN Stack.

Somanath Jeeva somanath.jeeva at ericsson.com
Fri Aug 30 09:03:40 EDT 2019

Hi Team ,

In Pacemaker 1.1.12 version try to compile with CMAN Stack , but we are unable to achieve that .

Source taken path : https://github.com/ClusterLabs/pacemaker/tree/Pacemaker-1.1.12

After Extracting , we installed required dependencies as per README.markdown,

## Installing from source

    $ ./autogen.sh
    $ ./configure
    $ make
    $ sudo make install

After performing above task , we are unable to start pacemaker due to cman stack is unrecognized service.

# service pacemaker status
pacemakerd dead but pid file exists
#service cman status
cman: unrecognized service

Please find the ./configure screenshot of the system:

pacemaker configuration:
  Version                  = 1.1.12 (Build: 561c4cfda1)
  Features                 = libqb-logging libqb-ipc lha-fencing nagios  corosync-plugin cman acls

  Prefix                   = /usr
  Executables              = /usr/sbin
  Man pages                = /usr/share/man
  Libraries                = /usr/lib64
  Header files             = /usr/include
  Arch-independent files   = /usr/share
  State information        = /var
  System configuration     = /etc
  Corosync Plugins         = /usr/libexec/lcrso

  Use system LTDL          = yes

  HA group name            = haclient
  HA user name             = hacluster

  CFLAGS                   = -g -O2 -I/usr/include -I/usr/include/heartbeat      -ggdb  -fgnu89-inline -fstack-protector-all -Wall -Waggregate-return -Wbad-function-cast -Wcast-align -Wdeclaration-after-statement -Wendif-labels -Wfloat-equal -Wformat=2 -Wmissing-prototypes -Wmissing-declarations -Wnested-externs -Wno-long-long -Wno-strict-aliasing -Wunused-but-set-variable -Wpointer-arith -Wwrite-strings -Werror
  Libraries                = -lgnutls -lqb -lplumb -lpils -lqb -lbz2 -lxslt -lxml2 -lc -luuid -lpam -lrt -ldl  -lglib-2.0   -lltdl -lqb -ldl -lrt -lpthread
  Stack Libraries          =   -lcoroipcc   -lcpg   -lcfg   -lconfdb   -lcman   -lfenced

Is there anything I am missing in the configure, to get the cman stack.

With Regards
Somanath Thilak J