[ClusterLabs] Question about fencing

Tomas Jelinek tojeline at redhat.com
Thu Apr 18 03:39:35 EDT 2019

Dne 17. 04. 19 v 23:17 JCA napsal(a):
> Here is what I did:
>
> # pcs stonith create disk_fencing fence_scsi pcmk_host_list="one two"
> pcmk_monitor_action="metadata" pcmk_reboot_action="off"
> devices="/dev/disk/by-id/ata-VBOX_HARDDISK_VBaaa429e4-514e8ecb" meta
> provides="unfencing"

Why did you set pcmk_monitor_action="metadata"? It looks rather odd...
Fence_scsi has standard monitor operation which reports errors and
devices misconfiguration. Setting monitor action to metadata hides those
errors but it won't magically make your stonith device work.

To fix pcmk_monitor_action run:
pcs stonith update disk_fencing pcmk_monitor_action=

Also if you have pcs 0.9.146 or newer, it does meta provides="unfencing"
for you automatically. You don't have to set it manually. Just a minor
optimization.

Regards,
Tomas