[ClusterLabs] Antw: Question about fencing

Ulrich Windl Ulrich.Windl at rz.uni-regensburg.de
Thu Apr 18 02:00:26 EDT 2019

<CAFy1yb1GznN8GjhFTTFpoMu43TWc8C5W5+fGSyUGLJ6bTwuwNA at mail.gmail.com>:
> I am trying to get fencing working, as described in the "Cluster from
> Scratch" guide, and I am stymied at get-go :-(
>
> The document mentions a property named stonith-enabled. When I was trying
> to get my first cluster going, I noticed that my resources would start only
> when this property is set to false, by means of
>
>     # pcs property set stonith-enabled=false
>
> Otherwise, all the resources remain stopped.
>
> I created a fencing resource for the partition that I am sharing across the
> the nodes, by means of DRBD. This works fine - but I still have the same
> problem as above - i.e. when stonith-enabled is set to true, all the
> resources get stopped, and remain in that state.
>
> I am very confused here. Can anybody point me in the right direction out of
> this conundrum?

Hi!

I don't know the answer for the problem, but (unless present already) the guide to set up a cluster should explain how to test fencing resources; maybe first without the cluster, and then within the cluster. I only used sbd, and sbd has it's own testing mechanism, but I'm usure about others...

Regards,
Ulrich