[ClusterLabs] SBD as watchdog daemon

Klaus Wenninger kwenning at redhat.com
Tue Apr 16 12:13:43 EDT 2019

On 4/16/19 5:27 PM, Олег Самойлов wrote:

>> 16 апр. 2019 г., в 16:21, Klaus Wenninger <kwenning at redhat.com> написал(а):
>>
>> On 4/16/19 3:12 PM, Олег Самойлов wrote:
>>> Okey, looked like I found where it must be fixed.
>>>
>>> sbd-cluster.c
>>>
>>>            /* TODO - Make a CPG call and only call notify_parent() when we get a reply */
>>>            notify_parent();
>>>
>>> Can anyone explain me, how to make mentioned CPG call?
>> There should be a PR already that does exactly that.
> Not only.
>
>> It just has to be rebased.
> Not true. This PR is in conflict with the master branch.

Which is what I wanted to express with 'has to be rebased' ;-)

>> But be aware that this isn't gonna solve your halted-pacemaker-daemons
>> issue.
> Also not true. I tried to merge this PR and I has solved several conflicts intuitively. Now watchdog fires when corosync is frozen (half of my problems is solved).
Exactly - which is why I was directing your attention to the
pacemaker-daemons.
>  But… It fires on both nodes. :) May be this is due to my lack of knowledge of the corosync infrastructure.
>
> This PR is from 2017 year, why you didn’t fix and apply such very important PR yet?
Because there were other things to do that were even more important ;-)
And as you've just discovered yourself things are not always that easy ...
Even if the issue with the non-blocked node restarting is solved there
are still delicate issues with startup/shutdown, installation/deinstallation
gradually configuring up a cluster from a single node over two-node to
several nodes, ... to be considered.

Klaus