[ClusterLabs] Corosync 3 release plans?

Christine Caulfield ccaulfie at redhat.com
Fri Sep 28 07:41:12 UTC 2018

On 27/09/18 20:16, Ferenc Wágner wrote:
> Christine Caulfield <ccaulfie at redhat.com> writes:
>
>> I'm also looking into high-res timestamps for logfiles too.
>
> Wouldn't that be a useful option for the syslog output as well?  I'm
> sometimes concerned by the batching effect added by the transport
> between the application and the (local) log server (rsyslog or systemd).
> Reliably merging messages from different channels can prove impossible
> without internal timestamps (even considering a single machine only).
>
> Another interesting feature could be structured, direct journal output
> (if you're looking for challenges).

I'm inclined to leave syslog timestamps to syslog - rsyslog has the
option for hi-res timestamps (yes, I know it stamps them on receipt and
all that) if you need them. Adding 'proper' journal output sounds like a
good idea to me though

I'm not so much looking for challenges as looking to make libqb more
useful for the people using it :)

Chrissie