[ClusterLabs] 2 node cluster dlm/clvm trouble

Vladislav Bogdanov bubble at hoster-ok.com
Tue Sep 11 13:38:42 UTC 2018

On 11.09.2018 16:31, Patrick Whitney wrote:
> But, when I invoke the "human" stonith power device (i.e. I turn the
> node off), the other node collapses...
>
> In the logs I supplied, I basically do this:
>
> 1. stonith fence (With fence scsi)

At this point DLM on a healthy node is notified that node was fenced and
expects no connections from DLM on a fenced node. What happens if it
sees such connection is hidden deep in code.

> 2. verify UI shows fenced node as stopped

Then I wouldn't trust such UI.

> 3. power off fenced node
>
> It's only when I shut down the fenced node that the running node falls
> over.
>
> How would using a power fencing agent differ from me manually removing
> power?

There is a delay between fence success notification to DLM and actual
power off. With power fencing notification goes after power is cut.