[ClusterLabs] 2 node cluster dlm/clvm trouble

Patrick Whitney pwhitney at luminoso.com
Tue Sep 11 13:31:13 UTC 2018

But, when I invoke the "human" stonith power device (i.e. I turn the node
off), the other node collapses...

In the logs I supplied, I basically do this:

1. stonith fence (With fence scsi)
2. verify UI shows fenced node as stopped
3. power off fenced node

It's only when I shut down the fenced node that the running node falls
over.

How would using a power fencing agent differ from me manually removing
power?

Thanks (I very much appreciate the discussion!)

Best,
-Pat

Would it be useful to show logs of what that looks like?

On Tue, Sep 11, 2018 at 9:22 AM Valentin Vidic <Valentin.Vidic at carnet.hr>
wrote:

> On Tue, Sep 11, 2018 at 09:13:08AM -0400, Patrick Whitney wrote:
> > So when the cluster suggests that DLM is shutdown on coro-test-1:
> > Clone Set: dlm-clone [dlm]
> >      Started: [ coro-test-2 ]
> >      Stopped: [ coro-test-1 ]
> >
> > ... DLM isn't actually stopped on 1?
>
> If you can connect to the node and see dlm services running than
> it is not stopped:
>
> 20101 dlm_controld
> 20245 dlm_scand
> 20246 dlm_recv
> 20247 dlm_send
> 20248 dlm_recoverd
>
> But if you kill the power on the node than it will be gone for sure :)
>
> --
> Valentin

Patrick Whitney
DevOps Engineer -- Tools