[ClusterLabs] How to generate RPMs for Pacemaker release 2.x on Centos

Klaus Wenninger kwenning at redhat.com
Mon Oct 15 12:39:29 UTC 2018

On 10/15/2018 01:52 PM, Lopez, Francisco Javier [Global IT] wrote:
> Hello guys !
>
> We are planning to use Pacemaker as a base HA Software in our Company.
>
> Our requirements will be:
>
> - Centos-7
> - PostgreSql-10
>
> We did several tests with Pacemaker release 1.1.8 and fixed the
> problems found with
> the RA. We finally created new RPMs from source (4.x).
>
> Now we want to test Pacemaker release 2.x but, as we will have to
> create some clusters,
> we want to create new RPMs for this release instead of doing manual
> installation on
> each new box. As per what I see the RPMs for our Centos have not been
> created yet.
>
> We could run 'autogen' + 'configure' but I do not find the way to
> generate the RPMs.
> Anyone could share with me the correct paths to do this please ?

The spec-file found in the pacemaker-github-repo should work straight
forward
using mock to build against the repos of your Centos-Version.
Just check that you are on current corosync, libqb, knet, ...
Pacemaker 2 seems to build well against the packages coming with Centos 7.5.
Maybe others can comment on how advisable it is running that combo though.

Klaus