[ClusterLabs] pcs constraint order set syntax

Ken Gaillot kgaillot at redhat.com
Tue Nov 20 13:45:41 EST 2018

On Mon, 2018-11-19 at 14:32 -0800, Chris Miller wrote:

> Hello,
>     I am attempting to add a resource to an existing ordering
> constraint set. The system in question came pre-configured
> with       PCS (FreePBX HA), and need to add a resource group
> (queuemetrics) to the ordering constraint set. Before modification,
> the existing set is as follows (output from pcs config --full)
> set mysql httpd asterisk sequential=true (id:mysql-httpd-asterisk)
> setoptions kind=Optional (id:freepbx-start-order)
> I'm having issues with the "resource order set" command syntax,
> specifically with setting options and IDs. Per the man page and help
> info, the syntax appears as it should be this :
>
> pcs constraint order set mysql httpd asterisk queuemetrics
> sequential=true id=mysql-httpd-asterisk setoptions kind=Optional
> id=freepbx-start-order
>
> However when running this command I receive the following error :
> Call cib_replace failed (-203): Update does not conform to the
> configured schema
> I have also tried variations of this syntax, and the ID option
> specifically is ignored and a dynamically generated name is used
> instead.
>
> I'm not having any luck finding guidance with this specific issue
> online. Thanks in advance for your guidance.
>
> Chris

I'm guessing the issue is that the set already exists; "order set"
creates a new one. I don't think there is a single command to modify an
existing set. You could delete the existing one then add the new one
(preferably using -f with an external file to make the changes atomic).
Or, you could use "pcs cluster edit" and modify the XML interactively.