[ClusterLabs] FYI: dlm.service possibly silenty overwritten with DisplayLink driver installer

Jan Pokorný jpokorny at redhat.com
Tue Nov 20 18:28:47 EST 2018

Accidentally, when searching for something systemd related, dlm.service
caught my eye, and surprisingly, it was rather in a HW support in Linux
SW enablement context.  Briefly looking into the Ubuntu driver that
allegedly contained that file (or recipe to create it, actually), I've
realized the respective installer would simply overwrite the regular
cluster DLM related service file without any hesitations
(unless I miss something).

So take this as a heads-up to watch out for that circumstance, three
letter acronyms are apparently not very namespace-collision-proof.

I logged this with their "Feature Suggestion" asking for more
carefulness:
https://support.displaylink.com/forums/287786-displaylink-feature-suggestions/suggestions/36068896

--
Jan (Poki)