[ClusterLabs] [questionnaire] Do you manage your pacemaker configuration by hand and (if so) what reusability features do you use?

Ken Gaillot kgaillot at redhat.com
Thu May 31 16:42:00 UTC 2018

On Thu, 2018-05-31 at 14:48 +0200, Jan Pokorný wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am soliciting feedback on these CIB features related questions,
> please reply (preferably on-list so we have the shared collective
> knowledge) if at least one of the questions is answered positively
> in your case (just tick the respective "[ ]" boxes as "[x]").
>
> Any other commentary also welcome -- thank you in advance.
>
> 1.  [ ] Do you edit CIB by hand (as opposed to relying on crm/pcs or
>         their UI counterparts)?

To clarify, crm shell supports both templates and id-ref, while pcs
does not.

> 2.  [ ] Do you use "template" based syntactic simplification[1] in
> CIB?
>
> 3.  [ ] Do you use "id-ref" based syntactic simplification[2] in CIB?
>
> 3.1 [ ] When positive about 3., would you mind much if "id-refs" got
>         unfold/exploded during the "cibadmin --upgrade --force"
>         equivalent as a reliability/safety precaution?

Regardless of whether anyone minds, we're not going to do it. It would
render the feature useless and force any user using it to either
abandon it or perform potentially massive manual edits to their CIB.

If the community feels that id-ref is not a useful feature, we can
deprecate it, and in some future release, drop support and
automatically expand it as part of the upgrade transform for that
release.

Otherwise we will continue full support for it.