[ClusterLabs] [questionnaire] Do you manage your pacemaker configuration by hand and (if so) what reusability features do you use?

Jan Pokorný jpokorny at redhat.com
Thu May 31 08:48:59 EDT 2018

Hello,

I am soliciting feedback on these CIB features related questions,
please reply (preferably on-list so we have the shared collective
knowledge) if at least one of the questions is answered positively
in your case (just tick the respective "[ ]" boxes as "[x]").

Any other commentary also welcome -- thank you in advance.

1.  [ ] Do you edit CIB by hand (as opposed to relying on crm/pcs or
        their UI counterparts)?

2.  [ ] Do you use "template" based syntactic simplification[1] in CIB?

3.  [ ] Do you use "id-ref" based syntactic simplification[2] in CIB?

3.1 [ ] When positive about 3., would you mind much if "id-refs" got
        unfold/exploded during the "cibadmin --upgrade --force"
        equivalent as a reliability/safety precaution?

4.  [ ] Do you use "tag" based syntactic grouping[3] in CIB?

(Some of these questions tangentially touch the topic of perhaps
excessively complex means of configuration that was raised during
the 2017's cluster summit.)

[1] https://clusterlabs.org/pacemaker/doc/en-US/Pacemaker/1.1/html-single/Pacemaker_Explained/index.html#_reusing_resource_definitions
[2] https://clusterlabs.org/pacemaker/doc/en-US/Pacemaker/1.1/html-single/Pacemaker_Explained/index.html#s-reusing-config-elements
[3] https://clusterlabs.org/pacemaker/doc/en-US/Pacemaker/1.1/html-single/Pacemaker_Explained/index.html#_tagging_configuration_elements