[ClusterLabs] Pacemaker PostgreSQL cluster

Jehan-Guillaume de Rorthais jgdr at dalibo.com
Tue May 29 15:41:59 UTC 2018

On Tue, 29 May 2018 14:23:31 +0200
Salvatore D'angelo <sasadangelo at gmail.com> wrote:
> 2. I read some documentation about upgrade and since we want 0 ms downtime I
> think the Rolling Upgrade (node by node) is the better approach.

The 0ms upgrade is almost impossible. At some point, you will have to move the
master somewhere else.

Unless you have some session management that are able to wait for the
current sessions to finish, then hold the incoming sessions while you are
moving the master, you will have downtime and/or xact rollback.

Good luck anyway :)

--
Jehan-Guillaume de Rorthais
Dalibo