[ClusterLabs] How to set up fencing/stonith

Casey & Gina caseyandgina at icloud.com
Wed May 16 17:01:27 UTC 2018

> On May 16, 2018, at 10:43 AM, Casey & Gina <caseyandgina at icloud.com> wrote:
>
> Thank you and Andrei for the advice...
>
>> the pcs alternative commands are:
>>
>> pcs stonith create vfencing external/vcenter \
>> VI_SERVER=10.1.1.1 VI_CREDSTORE=/etc/vicredentials.xml \
>> HOSTLIST="hostname1=vmname1;hostname2=vmname2" RESETPOWERON=0 \
>> op monitor interval=60s
>
> When I attempt the above (with different server, credstore path, and hostlist of course), I get the following error:
>
> Error: Unable to create resource 'stonith:external/vcenter', it is not installed on this system (use --force to override)

If I try with --force just to see what would end up different in the xml versus after the crm command, I get this error, quite ironically:

Error: unable to create resource/fence device 'vfencing', 'vfencing' already exists on this system

So it complains that it's not on the system when I don't try to force it, and that it is if I try to force it?!