[ClusterLabs] How to set up fencing/stonith

Casey & Gina caseyandgina at icloud.com
Wed May 16 16:43:02 UTC 2018

Thank you and Andrei for the advice...

> the pcs alternative commands are:
>
> pcs stonith create vfencing external/vcenter \
> VI_SERVER=10.1.1.1 VI_CREDSTORE=/etc/vicredentials.xml \
> HOSTLIST="hostname1=vmname1;hostname2=vmname2" RESETPOWERON=0 \
> op monitor interval=60s

When I attempt the above (with different server, credstore path, and hostlist of course), I get the following error:

Error: Unable to create resource 'stonith:external/vcenter', it is not installed on this system (use --force to override)

Yet, the crm commands had worked when I played with them previously, and the plugin is located here on my system as provided by the cluster-glue package:

/usr/lib/stonith/plugins/external/vcenter

--
Casey