[ClusterLabs] Antw: Re: Antw: stonith continues to reboot server once fencing occurs

Ulrich Windl Ulrich.Windl at rz.uni-regensburg.de
Mon May 14 06:23:16 UTC 2018

Hi!

I'm wondering about this:
vmhost1-fsl.bcn is shutting down

That doesn't read like a STONITH, but like a regular shutdown (which may
hang).

The other thing that reads strange for a two-node cluster is this:
[11130] vmhost0-fsl.jsc.nasa.gov corosyncnotice  [TOTEM ] A new membership
(192.168.1.140:184) was formed. Members left: 2

This sounds odd, too:
[11130] vmhost0-fsl.jsc.nasa.gov corosyncwarning [MAIN  ] Totem is unable to
form a cluster because of an operating system or network fault. The most common
cause of this message is that the local firewall is configured improperly.

Regards,
Ulrich

<charles.e.dickerson at nasa.gov> schrieb am 11.05.2018 um 19:02 in Nachricht
<0C5150D42E2B3F43B83EC3F62B3B8EE421D5F575 at NDJSMBX201.ndc.nasa.gov>:
> I have attached the /var/log/cluster/corosync.log here.
>
> The fenced node continues to be rebooted even after the stonith timeout.
> The only way I have of stopping the reboot cycle is to completely stop the
> cluster on the remaining node.
>
> Stonith should be able to detect that the fenced node was successfully
> rebooted and stop trying to fence it.  I have done this using both the cycle

> method and the onoff method, both methods have the same result.
>
> Chuck Dickerson
> Jacobs
> JSC - EG3
> (281) 244-5895