[ClusterLabs] Install fresh pacemaker + corosync fails

Salvatore D'angelo sasadangelo at gmail.com
Thu Jun 28 11:17:51 EDT 2018

Hi All,

I am here again. I am still fighting against upgrade problems but now I am trying to change the approach.
I want now to try to install fresh a new version Corosync and Postgres to have it working.
For the moment I am not interested to a specific configuration, just three nodes where I can run a dummy resource as in this tutorial.

I prefer to download specific version of the packages but I am ok to whatever new version for now.
I followed the following procedure:
https://wiki.clusterlabs.org/wiki/SourceInstall <https://wiki.clusterlabs.org/wiki/SourceInstall>

but this procedure fails the compilation. If I want to compile from source it’s not clear what are the dependencies.
I started from a scratch Ubuntu 14.04 (I only configured ssh to connect to the machines).

For libqb I had to install with apt-get install the following dependencies:
autoconf
libtool

Corosync compilation failed to the step
./autogen.sh && ./configure --prefix=$PREFIX
with the following error:

checking for knet... no
configure: error: Package requirements (libknet) were not met:

No package 'libknet' found

I tried to install with apt-get the libraries libknet1 and libknet-dev but they were not found. Tried to download the source code of this library here:
https://github.com/kronosnet/kronosnet <https://github.com/kronosnet/kronosnet>

but the ./autogen.sh && ./configure --prefix=$PREFIX step failed too with this error:

configure: error: Package requirements (liblz4) were not met:
No package 'liblz4’ found

I installed liblz4 and liblz4-dev but problem still occurs.

I am going around in circle here. I am asking if someone tested the install procedure on Ubuntu 14.04 and can give me the exact steps to install fresh pacemaker 1.1.18 (or later) with corosync 2.4.4 (or later).
Thanks in advance for help.