[ClusterLabs] PAF not starting resource successfully after node reboot (was: How to set up fencing/stonith)

Andrei Borzenkov arvidjaar at gmail.com
Fri Jun 1 04:13:43 EDT 2018

On Fri, Jun 1, 2018 at 12:22 AM, Casey & Gina <caseyandgina at icloud.com> wrote:

>> pacemaker is too old. The error most likely comes from missing
>> OCF_RESKEY_crm_feature_set which is exported by crm_resource starting
>> with 1.1.17. I am not that familiar with debian packaging, but I'd
>> expect resource-agents-paf require suitable pacemaker version. Of course
>> Ubuntu package may be patched to include necessary code ...
>
> I'm not sure why that would be - the resource agent works fine with this version of pacemaker, and according to https://github.com/ClusterLabs/PAF/releases, it only requires pacemaker >=1.1.13.  I think that something is wrong with the command that I was trying to run, as pacemaker 1.1.14 successfully uses this resource agent to start/stop/monitor the service generally speaking, outside of the manual debugging context.

There are different code paths when RA is called automatically by
resource manager and when RA is called manually by crm_resource. The
latter did not export this environment variable until 1.1.17. So
documentation is correct in that you do not need 1.1.17 to use RA
normally, as part of pacemaker configuration.

You should be able to workaround it (should you ever need to manually
trigger actions with crm_resource) by manually exporting this
environment variable before calling crm_resource.