[ClusterLabs] Problem with pacemaker init.d script

Salvatore D'angelo sasadangelo at gmail.com
Wed Jul 11 11:08:06 EDT 2018

Hi All,

After I successfully upgraded Pacemaker from 1.1.14 to 1.1.18 and corosync from 2.3.35 to 2.4.4 on Ubuntu 14.04 I am trying to repeat the same scenario on Ubuntu 16.04.
As my previous scenario I am using Docker for test purpose before move to Bare metal.
The scenario worked properly after I downloaded the correct dependencies versions.

The only problem I experienced is that in my procedure install I set corosync and pacemaker to run at startup updating the init.d scripts with this commands:

update-rc.d corosync defaults
update-rc.d pacemaker defaults 80 80

I noticed that links in /etc/rc<run level> are not created.

I have also the following errors on second update-rc.d command:
insserv: Service corosync has to be enabled to start service pacemaker
insserv: exiting now!

I was able to solve the issue manually replacing these lines in /etc/init.d/corosync and /etc/init.d/pacemaker:
# Default-Start:
# Default-Stop:

with this:
# Default-Start:        2 3 4 5
# Default-Stop:         0 1 6

I didn’t understand if this is a bug of corosync or pacemaker or simply there is a dependency missing on Ubuntu 16.04 that was installed by default on 14.04. I found other discussion on this forum about this problem but it’s not clear the solution.
Thanks in advance for support.