[ClusterLabs] Speed up the resource moves in the case of a node hard shutdown

Klaus Wenninger kwenning at redhat.com
Tue Feb 13 06:03:31 EST 2018

On 02/13/2018 11:46 AM, Maxim wrote:
> 12.02.2018 19:31, Digimer пишет:
>> Without fencing, all bets are  off. Please enable it and see if the
> > issue remains
> Seems, i know [in theory] about the fencing ability and its importance
> (although I've never configured it so far).
> But i don't undestand how it would help in the situtions of the hard
> reboot/shutdown.

Actually in 2 ways:

- you are strongly advised to use fencing - and thus the base of users using
  fencing is much higher and strange/unexpected behavior is thus much
  more likely with the less tested setups without fencing
- fencing helps you turning the 'maybe the node is down - it doesn't respond
  within x milli-seconds' into certainty that your node is dead and won't
  interfere with the rest of the cluster

Regards,
Klaus