[ClusterLabs] Pacemaker confirm that node was fenced successfully

Ken Gaillot kgaillot at redhat.com
Mon Aug 13 15:15:30 UTC 2018

On Sat, 2018-08-11 at 17:38 +0200, FeldHost™ Admin wrote:
> Hi all, I have question:
>
> We have Corosync/Pacemaker cluster running for KVM virtualisation. VM
> Instances are managed by external software (Opennebula). To achieve
> automatic migration of running VMs from failed node, external sw need
> fence node and confirm that was fenced successfully. When node fail,
> it will be fenced by cluster stack, so I don't want to do second
> fencing by external sw, but instead I want to connect to alive nodes
> and get fencing status. Is there some API in pacemaker to get it or I
> need to somehow parse result from pcs/crmsh?

Hi,

You can call stonith_admin, or use the pacemaker fencing client API
(used for example by DLM). The API documentation is rudimentary:

http://clusterlabs.org/pacemaker/doxygen/Pacemaker-1.1.18/stonith-ng_8h.html

Be sure you click on "stonith_api_operations_s" for descriptions of the
API functions.

Whether you use the API or stonith_admin, pacemaker will not fence
twice if a request arrives while another identical request is in
progress.