[ClusterLabs] Pacemaker ordering constraints and resource failures

Devin A. Bougie devin.bougie at cornell.edu
Wed Aug 8 20:47:47 UTC 2018

Many thanks for all of the replies.  Perhaps my choice of dummy resource names was misleading, as our production resources aren’t really in a master / slave relationship.  Just incase it helps, here is what we want to achieve.

- only start resource B if resource A is already running.
- if both resources are running and resource A stops, continue running resource B (hence the non-symmetrical ordering constraint)
- if resource B fails and resource A is disabled, resource B should not restart until resource A is started

It sounds like that should be doable with our existing constraints, so I’ll go ahead and open a bug at bugs.clusterlabs.org.

Thanks again!
Devin