[ClusterLabs] Pacemaker 2.0.0-rc3 now available

Ken Gaillot kgaillot at redhat.com
Mon Apr 30 19:16:07 EDT 2018

Source code for the third release candidate for Pacemaker version
2.0.0 is now available at:

https://github.com/ClusterLabs/pacemaker/releases/tag/Pacemaker-2.0.0-r
c3

The main feature of this release is renaming all the Pacemaker daemons
to help make the documentation and logs easier to follow:

 attrd    -> pacemaker-attrd ("the attribute manager")
 cib      -> pacemaker-based ("the CIB manager")
 crmd     -> pacemaker-controld ("the controller")
 pengine  -> pacemaker-schedulerd ("the scheduler")
 stonithd -> pacemaker-fenced ("the fencer")
 lrmd     -> pacemaker-execd ("the (local) executor")
 pacemaker_remoted -> pacemaker-remoted ("the remote executor")

Rolling (live) upgrades are possible only from Pacemaker 1.1.11 or
later, on top of corosync 2 or 3. Other setups can be upgraded with the
cluster stopped.

Due to the pacemaker_remoted name change, special care must be taken if
doing a rolling upgrade of a cluster with bundles; when used with the
new Pacemaker, bundles for container images running an older Pacemaker
should be configured with run-command set to
/usr/sbin/pacemaker_remoted.

A number of bugs were fixed, including a regression introduced in
1.1.17 related to nodes with mixed-case names. More details are
available in the change log:

  https://github.com/ClusterLabs/pacemaker/blob/2.0/ChangeLog

and in a special wiki page for the 2.0 release:

  https://wiki.clusterlabs.org/wiki/Pacemaker_2.0_Changes

I expect only one more release candidate, in about a week, if no bugs
are reported. The final release will be soon after that.

Everyone is encouraged to download, compile and test the new release.
We do many regression tests and simulations, but we can't cover all
possible use cases, so your feedback is important and appreciated.

Many thanks to all contributors of source code to this release,
including Andrew Beekhof, Gao,Yan, Hideo Yamauchi, Jan Pokorný, and Ken
Gaillot.