[ClusterLabs] Corosync 3.0 - Alpha3 is available at corosync.org!

Jan Friesse jfriesse at redhat.com
Mon Apr 30 10:21:53 EDT 2018

I am pleased to announce the second testing (Alpha 3) release of
Corosync 3.0 (codename Camelback) available immediately from our website at
http://build.clusterlabs.org/corosync/releases/ as corosync-2.99.2.

You can also download RPMs for various distributions from CI
https://kronosnet.org/builds/.

This release contains very important fixes so it's "must to have" for
everybody with previous alpha versions.

1) Fix Alpha-2 regression which may result in membership not created
2) Fix long time problem with CPG where paused node may not register
other nodes leave

Complete changelog for Alpha 3 (compared to Alpha 2):
Chris Lamb (1):
       man: Make the manpages reproducible

Fabio M. Di Nitto (1):
       Drop all references to SECURITY file

Ferenc Wágner (4):
       Fix typo: sucesfully -> successfully
       Fix typo: defualt -> default
       NSS_NoDB_Init: the parameter is reserved, must be NULL
       tools: don't distribute what we can easily make

Jan Friesse (7):
       totemsrp: Implement sanity checks of received msgs
       totemsrp: Check join and leave msg length
       SECURITY: Remove SECURITY file
       totemsrp: Fix srp_addr_compare
       totemsrp: Log proc/fail lists in memb_join_process
       totemsrp: Fix leave message regression
       cpg: Inform clients about left nodes during pause

Rytis Karpuška (1):
       cpg: Handle fragmented message sending interrupt

We did our best to test this release as best as we could, but still take
it as an Alpha version.

For anybody who migrates from stable version please consult
http://people.redhat.com/ccaulfie/docs/KnetCorosync.pdf about changes in
Corosync 3.

Thanks/congratulations to all people that contributed to achieve this
great milestone.