[ClusterLabs] No slave is promoted to be master

Jehan-Guillaume de Rorthais jgdr at dalibo.com
Tue Apr 17 09:47:10 UTC 2018

On Tue, 17 Apr 2018 04:16:38 +0000
范国腾 <fanguoteng at highgo.com> wrote:

> I check the status again. It is not not promoted but it promoted about 15
> minutes after the cluster starts.
>
> I try in three labs and the results are same: The promotion happens 15
> minutes after the cluster starts.
>
> Why is there about 15 minutes delay every time?

This was a bug in Pacemaker up to 1.1.17. I did a report about this last August
and Ken Gaillot fixed it few days later in 1.1.18. See:

https://lists.clusterlabs.org/pipermail/developers/2017-August/001110.html
https://lists.clusterlabs.org/pipermail/developers/2017-September/001113.html

I wonder if disabling the pgsql resource before shutting down the cluster might
be a simpler and safer workaround. Eg.:

 pcs resource disable pgsql-ha  --wait
 pcs cluster stop --all

and

 pcs cluster start --all
 pcs resource enable pgsql-ha

Another fix would be to force a master score on one node **if needed** using:

  crm_master -N <node name> -r <resource_name> -l forever -v 1